Thursday 8 July 2021

Full Day In Forillon

We started the day with an awe-inspiring kayak tour along the coast to visit the largest Seal colony in the area. Just amazing. Thanks to it being an unusually calm sunny day the seals were mostly sunning themselves on the rocks instead of swimming and I have to estimate that we saw a hundred or more. I even saw one jump out of the water. I was so excited I teared up! Then we were graced with a fin whale visit!! No pictures on this camera because I was sure I would drop my phone in the water. Brendan was impressive,  kayaking for 2 hours solo in a sea kayak that turned out to have no working rudder. Kudos.

After that we toured some of the sights of Forillon National Park, including the WWII Fort where they scouted for the german subs that sank supply ships in the St Lawrence.  We took a break at the very nice pool, that's a campground anomaly for us! The pool,  not the taking a break. Ok, both. Then we went for a bike ride from a lighthouse to the Visitors Centre and treated ourselves to our first Quebec Poutine and bubblegum soft serve ice cream.




Tropical storm Elsa is due to blow through tomorrow, which will likely rain out our morning sightseeing plans, and then we drive to our next spot. Brendan looks positively giddy at the idea of a day with no sightseeing or activities!!



No comments:

Post a Comment