Monday 19 July 2021

Acropole des Draveurs - by the numbers

L'Acropole Des Draveurs - one of the most epic hikes in the Quebec Parks system. 

Elevation gain - 882 m of - thats higher than hiking Mont Tremblant as my brother unhelpfully pointed out the night before.

Distance - 11.2 km. A long hike, but not unmanageable for a family of hardy hikers. Except that Acropole is special.  Because it goes. Straight. Up. Could we do it? You bet. Because sometimes in life you have to do things just to prove you can. Or as Brendan less poetically summarized it "I can't believe we're doing all this for a view".

But what a view...

My new favourite family photo (:

As we rounded the final bend in the road leading into Parc De Hautes Gorges, my heart stopped. What had I gotten my family into? Harrison asked, "Is that the mountain we're summiting"?? I didn't know, but I sure hoped not. It was (essentially, technically the wall of rock continues to wrap all along the rivers edge, so we didn't hike this fave, but a wooded face around the corner).


Going up...

A nice gentle section of incline. These were rare...


The first summit. No lie, we started from the level of the river at the bottom of this valley!

The trail continues to summit #2 - the peak ahead in this picture. Im not usually afraid of heights, but my stomach did NOT care for this section. 


Made it!

Lunch on top of the world!

I'm so proud of my crew and so glad they all helped me check off this of my bucket list. #Justawalkinthepark, Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment