Sunday 10 June 2018

The Great Western Road Trip

And they're off!

It's finally here; after 15 months of planning, the great "Out West" Road Trip has begun!

Blaze has gone to Port Stanley to spend the next 2 months at a fully accessible arctic air conditioned "spa" for elderly pets (run by my parents - thank you!).

Rob and the twins and Bob and Gail have headed off across Canada with the truck and travel trailer for the first leg of the adventure. (Thank you to Mike and Tara for letting us all use Barrie this weekend as a wonderful launching point for this epic undertaking!)

Brendan and I are hanging back for an extra week of income and education here at home and then will take the train up to Ottawa and fly out to Calgary to meet the rest of the family (Thank you John and Betty for shuttling us around Ottawa and hosting us!)

Then our wonderful friend Danielle will move in to care for the house and lawn and we'll be foot loose and fancy free. I hope!

We have 60 days of exploring, camping, hiking and biking planned and an itinerary that will take us up to the West Edmonton Mall, Jasper, Lake Louise, Yoho, Revelstoke, The Kootenays, Banff for Canada Day, Canmore, Drumheller for the dinosaurs, Calgary for the Stampede, Waterton National Park, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, Bighorn Mountains, Mount Rushmore, the Badlands and Chicago. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But I'm glad it's started, and I'm going to try to update when I can. I'm notoriously awkward with technology and when I tried to maintain this blog on our Grand Canyon trip the photos and the wifi conspired to make me want to throw the computer out the window, so no promises I'll be able to make it all work. But fingers crossed, I'll give it a try!

Here's to life on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment