Friday 12 August 2011

Together at last!

Wow. A fantastic but very long day. Sorry to update so late. We are all together! Harrison was released from the NICU at 1, just in time for daddy's birthday party.

Brendan came with cake and presents for daddy to celebrate a birthday I bet he'll never forget. 

Harrison passed his final blood sugar test early this evening and is now given the all clear!!! His jaundice was ruled as minimal mid morning and willl be double checked tomorrow morning but hopefully won't be an issue.

My tummy developed a stinging, hot pink area of skin this morning which they are treating as cellulitis with 10 days of antibiotics. This freaked me out a lot initially but they assure me that most infections like this settle in 7 to 10 days and as long as it's not spreading it won't affect our discharge date

Which is when?? If this delivery process has taught me anything it is how to get used to not having a plan. If we're lucky it will be tomorrow. If not it will likely be Sunday. I know I can't wait to get home to a keyboard to post from!

This post should have a picture of Heidi and I'll put up another with Harrison ...


1 comment:

  1. Yay Harrison! Good for you sweetie! Sorry to hear about your trouble Nancy. Take care of yourself and feel better soon! Adorable picture of Heidi :) So wonderful that the family is all together!
    Heather N.

    ReplyDelete