Monday 2 July 2018

Trying to keep warm on Canada Day

A very different Canada Day here than I think Ontario is having.

Cold and damp and intermittently drizzly, as it has been for the last 10 days steady. We tried to sit out on a patio for the full Canada Day experience, but gave up trying to keep the kids hands warm by letting them hold our coffees, so went inside and tucked in beside the stone fireplace. We stubbornly went for a bike ride today despite the weather but I wore rain pants, my long johns, a long sleeve shirt, T shirt, my spring coat and then my winter ski jacket on top. By the end of an intensive, technical mountain bike ride the sun came out and we all peeled off a few layers, but I still think we're at rather opposite ends of the weather spectrum today!


We had planned on doing the bike trails around Canmore tomorrow, but the weather report for the morning is calling for 5 degrees and 10mm of rain. The kids are tough, but if I want them to keep following me for the next month of crazy adventures I think I need to learn when to change a plan on the fly, so, as in Rockies ish as it might be, tomorrow we'll be going to the indoor community pool instead. Pick your battles right?

1 comment: