Saturday 21 July 2018

Coming up for air

Ahhh, our first contact with the outside world in days! We're driving outside Yellowstone today to drive the incredible Beartooth Mountain Pass and it brings us back into reach of phone reception!

Yellowstone has been incredible. Full of incredibly bizarre sights like smoking hillsides, plopping mudpots and massive, and I mean, massive! bison lounging by the roadside. Also pelicans. I was not expecting the pelicans. Yellowstone has more than half of the geysers, mudpots and steam vents in the world, and I'm fairly confident I've dragged my family to see them all. We watched Old Faithful erupt 3 times. It was awesome!


The hundreds of bison in this picture are probably hard to make out, but if you zoom in and imagine the smell of fresh bison patty plops around you and a noise like your stomach growling (which is apparently the noise bison herds make) it'll be almost like you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment