Monday 9 January 2012

Home At Last

Happy New Year! It seems like we've been gone a lot longer than a week. I think I posted about the twins first Christmas, and Brendan's presents are scattered everywhere, so I feel like it's still Boxing Day on January 9th! Before I forget, Happy 5 month birthday also to the twins. Taking the "Paddington Bear" photo will have to be a priority for tomorrow; today Heidi seems to be sleeping off a bit of a stomach bug. It's not bothering her (of course, nothing does), but it's bothering her parents who have changed 7 dirty diapers in the last 24 hours. In contrast she usually has one every other day. Our trip to Lake Placid was great! As a first test for the twins travelling ability it went very smoothly! I shouldn't really be surprised, but it's still nice to get their first big trip away under our belt, so we can start planning the rest of their world traveller lives. Brendan is a slightly different story. The phrase "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" springs to mind. He was great 85% of the time. The other 15% of the time we were hiking. Rob and I have decided that it is perhaps time to put family hikes on hold for a while until Brendan is a little more interested in forward movement. I'm quite sure that will happen just as the twins learn to walk... The condo was wonderful, everything I had hoped for. I love to plan, but hate to be in charge, so it was a real relief that the accomodations, and the destination were as great as I had expected. The trip was meant to be a ski holiday, but the snow is as minimal there generally as it is here, so we opted instead for hiking, visiting the wild animal rehabilitation centre beside us, shopping in the town of Lake Placid, tubing, visiting the Olympic museum, skating on the frozen puddle at our condo, visiting with my brother's family for an impromptu visit and swim at their hotel, dog sledding and mostly drinking and sitting in our hot tub on the deck. So, really a pretty full trip after all!
s
o
Ah, both babies crying... will have to update more next time. Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment