Tuesday 10 January 2012

Amazing Memories!

The 2 wolves next door were named Cree and Zeebie. Several times a day they would start to howl back and forth. Amazing! I checked dog - sledding off my life list on this trip with a loop around Lake Placid with Brendan. It was hardly a break neck pace (one of the dogs was able to have a pee while trotting along mid-ride) and Brendan was totally uninspired but it was a real rush for me! One of my proudest moments of the trip was watching Peyton and Brendan learn to skate for the first time on the frozen puddle in our back yard. They were fantastic and Brendan refused to come in until I had provided him with a branch and rock so he could "play hockey". He hit "the puck" twice before he finally agreed to come in for hot chocolate (it had gotten dark out, and I thought he might never go in). Not bad for his first time up on skates! We went to an incredible gorge (High Falls Gorge) 10 minutes from our condo and I took an obscenely large number of artsy ice shots. Brendan also had an obscenely large tantrum at the bottom of the gorge (right where the echo was loudest). Ah, the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment