Tuesday 26 February 2013

Seeing Double

I took advantage of a rare weekday afternoon at home and went out for a hike behind the house today with the whole family. We tried the twins out in hiking backpacks. I had a pivotal moment when we were pregnant when we found a hiking backpack on sale. I realized that we only had one, and just like everything else we would need a second. On the other hand I truly could not fathom ever getting the whole group of us geared up and out for a hike. But I made up my mind, right there in the store, and I remember telling myself "Dammit, I WILL leave the house someday" and buying on blind faith that we would find a way to keep up with our previous lifestyle. Well? We did it. We went for a hike. It wasn't a long hike, and we went out of our back door instead of to the conservation area to make it easier, but we did it, and the twins didn't fuss at all (until we got home and tried to have a conversation about where we're going to put the treehouse). Yes, it took longer to get everyone in and out of their gear than it did to do the hike, but, hey, focus on the donut, not the hole, right!



No comments:

Post a Comment