Friday 9 November 2012

Veni, Vidi.

We're home!

I think it was Ceasar who said "I came, I saw, I conquered". Well, we are home and I am happy to report that we came and we saw. We'll have to leave conquering for next time!

Our 9 days in Disney World were an absolute blur, as I'm starting to go through the pictures I keep saying "oh yeah, I forgot about that!"

Our flight down was miraculously unaffected by Superstorm Sandy, but the last half of our trip overlapped with a week of holidays in the Jersey school system so we ended up running into lots of people who had been. We were lucky enough to have sunshine our entire trip. We'd made sure of that by rush ordering a rain cover for the double stroller which arrived the day before we left and schlepping it around every day.

I should resist the urge to start into a day by day account if I want to get to bed tonight but it was a lovely resort (we stayed on Disney at the New Orleans themed Port Orleans resort), great food (in massive quantities, thanks to our free dining plan promotion), and lots of memorable moments. I had expected Brendan to be a little overwhelmed by the all the sights and sounds of Disneyworld, I had not, however expected that he would instead be totally indifferent to the whole experience. The first night, coming home on the bus Brendan turned to me unprompted and said "Mom, I thought you said Disney would be fun". !!! His mood seemed to improve once we started letting him take breaks from the rides and shows to play his cars on a park bench. Sigh.

I will get to the task of going through some more photos and let them do the talking...


As we turned the corner onto Main Street in the Magic Kingdom and Cinderella Castle came into view Brendan said "Mom, Mom, look!"
"What do you see Brendan?!"
"Balloons!"
I pointed out to him after that behind the man holding the balloons was the big castle.


Family ride on the Magic Kingdom Steam Train


We were all universally exhausted every night, especially Mickey

No comments:

Post a Comment