Saturday 7 September 2013

Back to School

Brendan started Grade 1 this week, and it will be a real adjustment for both him and Rob and I. He came home with homework on the first night, about 15 minutes worth of printing and spelling practice, and yesterday he came home with the same sheets marked with red pen where he needed to refill the sheets with better quality printing and the outline for his book report, due in 3 weeks and poem for memorization and recitation to the class. Wow. In case Mrs. Mills ever reads this blog I will keep my opinions to myself, but wow. Should be a fun year!

The second half of our summer was eventful (I guess that part sort of goes without saying with our family, like stating the sky is blue). We managed to squeeze in a great weekend camping in our new trailer with all the neighbours in honour of John, Heidi, Harrison, Rob, Pat and Laurie's birthdays, a week at the cottage with lovely weather with Bob and Gail, Mike and Tara, then John, Betty, Wyatt and Rowan and then the high school gang. It was all a bit of a blur, but lots of good memories and I took lots of pictures, so in 5 years when I have time to back through and edit them all we'll have a wonderful record of the good times! On the long weekend we took the new trailer to a Provincial Park (our first this year, we'd been boycotting based on not being ready to make reservations 5 months ago - the new standard for summer weekends at our favourite parks) - Ferris, near Campbellford. It was great - we were right beside the playground, and camping with our 2 bedroom cottage on wheels has certainly improved our quality of life!

This weekend I am holding down the fort while Rob is off in Temagami in a house boat on a Bachelor Party weekend for his brother. I will add pictures as able but currently Heidi is literally standing on her brothers head while he lies on the floor (well was, I was a good enough parent to stop typing long enough to correct that little situation) and Brendan tells me he is trying to make a craft with glue, except that I don't know where he got the glue from (!). Gotta go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment